The project aimed at connecting the working candidates with the national training framework and giving them recognition globally. Candidates identified in the proposal were from the far flung areas of Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh districts, who were not aware about the industry trends, current employability scenario, and benefits of skilling/ training and are just following the family occupation/ traditional working methods.
The need for taking up this project was identified while Mosaic was doing PMKVY in 2015 and we witnessed huge number of workers who were masters at their work but were not able to relate to many terms used in their own trades. They were unaware about the importance of related certification which could get them better opportunities. We also realized the problems associated with unorganized sector which are mentioned above. In order to address such problems need for a project of this kind was derived.
The project aimed at:
- Removing industry gap between industry requirements & working candidates
- Day to day problems faced by working candidates while performing their jobs
- Acquainting them with the industry terminologies which otherwise they may not be knowing
- Exposing them to the outside world thus giving their skill a boost
- Recognizing their skills with the globally accepted certificate giving them wider acceptance
- The outcome was more productivity, enhanced efficiency, sync with the industry, motivated employees, improved retention/ job stability which resulted into a highly skilled & certified pool of workforce
Target Segment: The workers working in the unorganized sector/ industry of mining located in the far flung areas of Rajasthan. We identified candidates working in the capacity of Mazdoor/Helper, Loader Operators, and Bulldozer Operators etc.
Target Locations: Various mines located in Balesar, Borunda, Giral, Siwana.
The Candidates under this program were assessed by SCMS and received a Skill Certificate from them. Mosaic along with SMSC trained 2500+ candidates under this initiative.