Madhya Pradesh State Skill Development Mission is the nodal agency for Skill Development in the State. The mission is registered as a Society under the Madhya Pradesh Societies Registration Act, 1973 and aims at developing the State level agenda for skilling, coordinating and guiding other departments engaged in implementing skill development programmes in the state.
The vision of the society (MPSSDM) is to contribute to the socio-economic development of the State by imparting market-oriented quality training in various technical and vocational trades to the youth on a large scale. It also envisions empowering the youth by providing an enabling environment to grow and multiple opportunities for their choice of livelihood.
In order to ensure that the State is able to translate the large availability of working age population into a demographic advantage, the State has launched two schemes namely MMKSY and MMKY which aim at raising the skilling quotient of the youth in the State by providing access to short-term demand driven training courses in employable trades.
MMKY – Mukhya Mantri Kaushalya Yojana
Kaushalya Yojana is a state-funded scheme under which the skill training program for women is to be conducted in line with the employment oriented national standards.
Purpose of Plan
- Providing necessary skill to women to get employment or self-employment
- Ensure participation of women by providing skills in non-conventional areas
- Increasing Employment Opportunities of Women
- Growth in the remuneration level after training
- Women leaving the formal education system
- Women who want their jobs / self-employment by developing their own skills
- Women who want to increase their skills
- Such workers are women who want to authenticate their informal skills
- Residential Training for Women of Naxalism Affected Areas
MMKSY- Mukhya Mantri Kaushal Samvardhan Yojana
A State-funded scheme under which the skill training program for the youth in accordance with employment oriented national standards is to be operated.
Purpose of Plan
Mukhya Mantri Kaushal Samvardhan Yojana aims to provide lifelong livelihood opportunity to the youth and other beneficiaries in the state who wish to upgrade their skill sets, knowledge and training to suit the market demand at the state, national and international level through opportunities of wage-employment, self-employment and entrepreneurship
- Youth leaving formal education system
- Those who want to develop their skills, want employment / self-employment
- Such people who want to increase their skills
- Such workers who want to authenticate their unofficial skills
- Women and other disadvantaged groups
- Residential Training to the youth of Naxalism-affected areas
- Young people from a disadvantage, stroller and madman class